The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, two-campus, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
We are currently seeking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational teachers to join us for the 2020/21 academic year. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dedicated, hardworking and forward thinking team that is motivated to enhance the students’ experiences both in and out of the learning environment. With a varied PE curriculum and an extensive and expanding ECA programme the candidates will be encouraged to contribute to the continued development and growth of the department as we seek to become a beacon of excellence in our field. One of the positions lends itself to a teacher who has a passion for girls PE and Sport, with the opportunity to grow and establish this area and enable our students to reach their full potential.
The successful candidates must be prepared to work across the range of key stages as well as activities. All teachers support the swimming programme and therefore having experience or qualification in this area would be an advantage. As part of the facilities, the school has a 25m swimming pool, 6 lane 200m running track, 8 a side AstroTurf, sports hall that accommodates two full sized netball/basketball courts and 8 badminton courts, Climbing wall, fitness suite and three smaller spaces that incorporate a dance studio, gymnastics hall and a specialist foundation room for PE activities.
Sports is a fundamental part of the experience at BISR and offers the vast amount of exposure that the students get to compete in organised activities in Riyadh; as such, we regularly attend the BSME games and Mediterranean cup. With recent successful outings the expectations are, our teams are well prepared and competitive in all trips that we undertake. BISR have also competed in the COBIS games and plan to expand our competitive calendar as we continue to develop our sporting teams. Local competitions in Saudi Arabia and Riyadh are also expanding and the school supports and encourages the department to be part of all opportunities that are presented to our students.
The successful candidates will:
• Be innovative, creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning focused, with a strong track record of excellent classroom practice and pastoral care.
• Be committed to development of high quality learning experiences underpinned by a clear understanding of how learning is developed, where students are motivated and equipped to become life-long learners.
• Demonstrate a passion for learning, be a reflective practitioner, showing a strong commitment to development of outstanding classroom practice.
• Use high quality assessment and feedback strategies to ensure students make good progress with their learning.
• Ensure students flourish by creating a positive climate for learning, supporting the holistic development of each student, with a strong emphasis on well-being in an intercultural context.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and a good sense of humour, effectively collaborating within a range of teams.
• Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
• Go the extra mile for students, contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme and community events.
• Have a UK or UK recognised teaching qualification.
We can offer:
• Highly motivated and engaged students.
• A school with a strong sense of community.
• A learning focused school committed to staff development.
• Motivated, hard-working and dedicated colleagues, who are committed to high quality learning, student well-being and co-curricular programmes.
• An excellent compensation package.
• The opportunity to live, work and travel in a unique, beautiful and fast changing country.
To apply, please follow the link: Apply Here
and provide a supporting statement of application following our guidelines.
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 21st November 2019.
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more detailed information about the school, please visit our website.