We are seeking to appoint an outstanding PE Teacher to join our strong dynamic Physical Education department. The successful applicant will teach Primary and Secondary core PE up to, and including, IGCSE Cambridge PE and IB Sports Exercise and Health Science.
The successful applicant will be a committed team member and contribute also to our extensive extra-curricular programme in Football, Volleyball and Basketball, attending tournaments nationally and throughout Europe for the European Sports Conference. We would expect the successful applicant to have strong subject knowledge, excellent organisational and communication skills, be a reflective practitioner who embraces emerging technologies and who has a passion and enthusiasm for teaching PE.
About St Julian's School
- We are a well-resourced, successful, non-selective British international school with a reputation for academic excellence, founded in 1932.
- We currently welcome 1,170 pupils of 46 different nationalities. Our students have been described as "outstanding representatives and ambassadors of the St Julian's School spirit: open, caring, curious." (CIS & NEASC Team Visit Report, November 2018)
- At St Julian's, we believe in holistic education and expect our teachers to make active contributions to the pastoral and extra-curricular life of the school.
- "The teachers and staff enjoy one of the warmest and most supportive professional climates imaginable." (CIS & NEASC Team Visit Report, November 2018).
- We have been accredited by CIS (Council of International Schools) and NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges) since 1998, we are a Member of COBIS and our Head of School is an International Member of HMC (Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference).
- We value skills-based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and IB Diploma. We seek to constantly improve the provision for learning.
The successful candidate must:
- [Essential requirement] Have experience teaching IGCSE PE and / or IB Sports Exercise and Health Science or A-Level PE;
- Be a passionate and committed teacher;
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice;
- Have a passion for Sport and PE;
- Have experience coaching Football, Basketball, Volleyball and Athletics;
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, colleagues and parents;
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks;
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams;
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- An initial contract of two years with extension possible;
- Ongoing Professional Development;
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, May 21st.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
St Julian’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).