Position: Elementary School Physical Education (PE) Teacher
St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia is seeking an outstanding Elementary School Physical Education Teacher whose enthusiasm and passion will transform the outcomes of our students.
The Elementary School offers a dynamic and creative curriculum delivered through the International Primary Curriculum. We are committed to securing the highest possible standards of teaching and learning. Our school will provide students with a rigorous and creative learning environment that will enable them to flourish as successful Global Citizens.
PE and Sport are very important to us with all students participating through our curriculum and CCA programme. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach PE throughout the Elementary School at all levels. The school’s main competitive sports include football, basketball, tee-ball and swimming. Our students compete in local leagues in the region and international competitions. Other sports and activities feature in our curriculum and in school clubs, including gymnastics, dance, athletics, badminton, touch rugby, and striking and fielding games. Every student from Year 1 - Year 6 swims each week.
SJII Malaysia has its own 25m swimming pool, full court indoor gymnasium, astro turf football field, outdoor basketball court and various other sports facilities. The school has access to nearby community sports facilities, including, golf, tennis, badminton, athletics and climbing.
Candidates should be willing to bring passion and a love of PE and Sport to an already highly committed team.
The successful candidate should expect to be involved in competitive sports most days after school and occasionally at the weekends.
We are looking for a committed, passionate and knowledgeable professional who will work tirelessly to ensure the academic, social, emotional and spiritual growth of the children in their care.
Suitable candidates will:
- Be an inspiring, innovative and high achieving professional.
- Be sympathetic to the ethos of our school and supportive of our Lasallian values.
- Have a proven track record of delivering outstanding PE teaching throughout the Elementary school.
- Have specialist knowledge of gymnastics or dance teaching.
- Have the ability to motivate others and lead by example.
- Have an appropriate academic degree and teaching qualification.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with students, teachers and parents.
- Have a genuine commitment to student progress and the wellbeing and pastoral care of children.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school committed to holistic education
- A school-wide commitment to accelerating and deepening pupils’ learning
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
- Excellent professional development opportunities to support the delivery of cutting edge practice.
- Highly competitive teachers’ pay and conditions.
Attached: Job Description-Teacher Information Pack.
How to apply: Either via the TES link or go to our web site: www.sji-international.edu.my