Physics Teacher for Secondary Section
Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school established in 2004 under the auspices of the Victoria Shanghai Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body.
VSA is an IB World School and the first in Hong Kong authorised to deliver three of the International Baccalaureate Programmes, providing a “through-train” IB education for students aged 6 to 18. The Primary School was authorised as an IB Primary Years Programme school in December 2005. In the Secondary School, the Middle Years Programme (“MYP”) and Diploma Programme (“DP”) were authorised in December 2006 and June 2007 respectively.
VSA emphasizes a holistic approach to education, at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The Primary School offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the Secondary School curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
VSA has approximately 1,868 students and a total faculty size of 187. In Secondary, there are 89 faculty members, more than half of whom are expatriate staff.
VSA is accredited by CIS and NEASC. More information about Victoria Shanghai Academy can be found here: www.vsa.edu.hk
VSA is now recruiting an innovative and dynamic Physics Teacher for the school year beginning August 2019. The ideal candidate will have
· An undergraduate degree in Science with a significant focus on Physics
· A recognised teaching qualification
· A proven track record of teaching IBDP Physics
· Additional experience teaching MYP Science/Math would be an asset
· A passion for teaching both Secondary and Middle School students
· The ability to develop positive relationships with students and the willingness to provide pastoral care in a homeroom setting
· A commitment to student centred, inquiry based learning
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new cultural environment
Applicants please download and complete the application form and email along with a statement of educational philosophy and full resume to the Secondary School Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3 January 2019.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only)