Salary: MPS/UPS + Fringe
Full Time, Permanent
Required for April 2020
The successful candidate will:
• Provide dynamic and inspiring lessons
• Ensure students are at the centre of planning and teaching
• Focus on teaching and learning
• Provide learning with a focus on development
• Provide students with a full curriculum
• Engage and empower students with the skills to thrive as independent learners
We can offer you:
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• A school rated Good by Ofsted where students’ behaviour is exemplary
• A professional working environment where teamwork is highly valued
• A partially selective school with a focus on academic achievement (Progress 8 in 2019 is +0.38)
• Admission criteria where preference is given to staffs’ children
• A School which invests heavily in the future with £3.5m on recent school expansion and strong ongoing financial support from our Foundation and PTA
• A School in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate with a healthy lettings income
• An outstanding wellbeing programme offering:
o Flu jabs
o Free access to our first-class Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Complimentary eye tests
About the Science Department
The Science Department at Rickmansworth School is a large and thriving Department with great results achieved year on year. Our team of 14 teachers deliver lessons with a focus on challenging students and developing independent learners. This is supported by our brilliant team of 4 full-time technicians, along with purpose-built labs, including 2 computer labs. Results are excellent throughout all year groups, and our progress measures for Science are in the top 10% of the country.
Physics is a popular choice at A level with a number of students furthering their studies at a range of universities. Physics, Astronomy and Engineering being three favourite choices. The Physics department is well resourced with 4 teachers and an excellent technician.
Almost half of our students opt to study separate sciences at GCSE, with 65% of our separate science students achieving Grades 9-7 in 2019. Astronomy is also offered to our KS4 students as a fourth Science GCSE with guidance from our experienced Head of Physics. Due to this success at KS4, many of our students choose to continue their studies at Rickmansworth School for A-levels, and our Science A-level numbers have been increasing year on year. With more study space and computers for our students, we are expecting an even more successful year for our KS5 students in 2019-20. At Rickmansworth School, we also offer many extra-curricular activities to engage students further in Science including Horticulture Club, Science Club and STEM Week activities.
Applications from NQTs are welcome.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Application forms and details can be obtained from the website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk, by calling the School on 01923 634886 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 8am Monday 20 January 2020
Interview date: Thursday 23 January 2020
Suitable applicants may be interviewed upon receipt of an application