The Tiffin Girls’ School is one of the country’s leading and highest achieving schools, where a ‘love of learning’ is evident in every student interaction. Whilst it is renowned for its academic excellence, there is a keen focus on providing a nurturing environment enabling students to flourish and contribute to society in their time here.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Physics, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire some of the country’s very brightest students.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to teach highly motivated students in a school where Physics is a popular choice at A level, and GCSE and A level results are amongst the highest nationally. In addition, the school has a stimulating programme of extra-curricular activities that evolve around the STEM subjects, and many students go on to use their Physics at leading universities.
This position would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experience in a high-achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be able to teach Physics across all Key Stages and General Science in Years 7 and 8
- ideally have the ability to teach Maths up to Key Stage 4
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Physics department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- a two week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website or from the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 25 February 2019.
Interview date: Friday 1 March 2019.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.