MPS / UPS Payscale (inc. London Fringe)
Start September 2021
We are seeking to appoint a teacher of Physics to join our busy Science department from September 2021. If you have a passion for your subject, strong organisational skills and the enthusiasm and drive to inspire every student you teach, we are keen to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent in Physics and will be keen to share their expertise. We seek a colleague who can create innovative and exciting lessons, motivate students to secure outstanding examination outcomes and engender a love for this area of the curriculum. The Sciences are also popular subjects at A Level. The post is full-time and applications are invited from teachers completing initial teacher training, NQTs and experienced teachers who can demonstrate the ability to:
• Teach students from Year 7 to Year 11
• Inspire students of high ability at GCSE and Advanced level. The department currently teach the OCR Gateway specification at both GCSE and A level, and offer both Triple and Combined GCSE courses
• Enable students to achieve the highest possible standards
• Work motivationally within a team of staff
• Develop innovation in teaching and learning.
We can offer you:
• A strategic programme of personalised CPD, to help you plan your future career.
• As a Trust with both selective and non-selective schools, staff secondment opportunities are available.
• Free parking, use of school gym, staff social events.
• Staff enrichment opportunities e.g. Art classes, Book Club and Sporting activities
• Opportunities to participate in a varied programme of school trips, including visits to New York, Spain, Winter Sports in the USA etc.
WGSB is a member of the Endeavour MAT family of schools, which pride themselves on setting consistently high expectations, securing outstanding outcomes and delivering exceptional standards of teaching and learning for all. Our students are encouraged to develop resilience and are supported to become innovative and thoughtful problem solvers.
A collaborative approach to improving outcomes for all is a characteristic of Endeavour MAT staff. We can offer you a dynamic and supportive environment in a thriving and forward-looking Trust.
Closing date: 1pm on Thursday 24th June 2021. The school reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier if a number of successful applications are received. Interviews to take place w/c 28th June 2021.
Please complete an online application form via our website (under Vacancies) and a covering letter to outline your suitability. If you would like an informal chat with the Head of Department prior to application, please contact Mrs Owen (email@example.com) to arrange.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
Wilmington Grammar School for Boys
Wilmington, Dartford, Kent
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to Wilmington Grammar School for Boys where we offer an exceptional education for boys aged 11- 16 and an extensive post 16 programme which is co-educational for students in the sixth form.
Our aim is to produce well-rounded...