Salary: £20,614 - £22, 641 per annum
As a member of the Science team, based on the Harrow Weald campus, you will:
· support students and lecturers on AS/A2/GCSE Physics and Access, BTEC Applied Science courses
· prepare practical equipment, order supplies, carry out stocktaking and ensure laboratories and classrooms are effectively maintained
· supervise and assist students in practical work
· operate the labs on a day to day basis
· maintain equipment, arrange repairs and servicing as necessary
We are looking for a candidate who:
· has experience of working in a laboratory environment, a high level of practical skills in Physics, knowledge of laboratory and resource management
· can ensure that appropriate Health and Safety standards are maintained
· has excellent communication and organisational skills and is able to plan and prioritise work effectively
· is able to work under pressure and flexibly within the science team
· has good IT skills
· is educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon on 11th December 2017.
To apply for this position please submit your CV, Supporting Statement and Equal Opportunities form to email@example.com, after considering the job description and person specification. When applying please ensure you quote the reference number relating to the post.
If you do not hear from us within 2 week of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Harrow College is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.