Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Physics Technician to provide effective support to a thriving curriculum team delivering Physics in an outstanding all boys’ grammar school. Physics is taught separately from entry in Year 7 and is compulsory to Year 11. It is a highly popular A Level subject in the Sixth Form with four sets in both Year 12 and Year 13. Students are extremely motivated with a significant proportion moving on to study Physics and Engineering at top universities. This critical role will involve supporting Physics Teachers in delivering experimental lessons and general Physics administration. Good communication and organisational skills together with a genuine interest in Science and experience using Information technology is required. School laboratory experience would be beneficial, and training will be provided as required.
About the Role
· Physics Technician
· Supporting Physics Teachers in delivering experimental lessons and general Physics administration
· 5 days per week, term time only, permanent
· Salary £17072 - £20138 FTE Pro rata
About the School
· All Boys Grammar School
· Rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Highly academic school
· Day and boarding pupils
· Wide ranging extra-curricular activities
· Located in close proximity to Central Reading
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Physics Technician will need to meet the following criteria:
· GCSE grade of C or above in Maths & English or equivalent Degree level/ A level in Physics desirable
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH36565.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.