Job type- Full time permanent
Hours- 30 hours per week term time only
At Totton College, we educate, nurture and transform lives, would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives?
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of an inspirational Physio/Therapy Assistant, who can assist the physiotherapist in the treatment of students using a range of delegated exercises and manual physiotherapy treatments and to support students with complex learning difficulties both in and out of classroom situations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· To develop the dexterity, coordination and sensory skills to handle students therapeutically for a ‘hands on’ treatment.
· To assist with the student treatment programmes as delegated by the physiotherapist, being responsible for assessing student progress and reporting back to the physiotherapist.
· To organise, run and have responsibility for student groups without direct supervision or the presence of a physiotherapist. This requires flexibility with the timetable and to be prepared to change classes when directed.
· To make accurate records of work undertaken as required by the physiotherapist, ensuring that continuous monitoring, recording and reporting of student’s progress and needs. Providing administrative support as required.
· To assist with personal care needs as necessary.
· To assess students to ensure that they use their equipment correctly and to be able to adjust the student within the equipment.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Please apply online