Dedicated to providing quality, educational pre-school experiences for children between 2 1/2 and 4 years, John F. Kennedy International School is looking for a highly motivated teacher to inspire and lead the Play School team.
- To lead a team to provide a happy, stimulating, safe and secure environment where all children are encouraged to meet their potential
- To plan and implement an appropriate programme of activities in line with the IEYC in collaboration with the Reception/Year 1 homeroom teacher
- To ensure the Play School is a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from different cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
- To liaise with and support parents/carers of all children within the Play School
- To be flexible within the working practices of the Play School and be prepared to help where needed
- To take the lead in settling new children into the Play School and ensuring their integration
- To ensure that every child is collected in accordance with the collection and safety procedures
- To keep accurate developmental records and observations of the children for parents/carers
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To be aware of the high profile of the Play School and to uphold its standards at all times
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children at all times
- To organise displays of children’s work and the construction of interest areas
- To report accidents to the Head of Primary and complete necessary paperwork
- To ensure the security and safety of other staff and children at all times
Accordingly, the range of duties and responsibilities above may change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the individual and the Play School.
- An approved Early Childhood teaching qualification (preferably a Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood)
- Experience working in a childcare setting
- Excellent organisational and teamwork skills
- Current First Aid certificate
- A good understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- High level of computer literacy
John F. Kennedy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a criminal check.
Information to job applicants
Please send by email to Zannie Odobasic-Leong - Head of Business & Administration, email@example.com with all of the following documents:
. Your CV
· A letter of application
· Contact details of two referees, including your current employer (if available):
· Email address
· A copy of your passport
We will consider your application only all documentation has been received. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Kindly be advised that only EU / Swiss nationals/permit holders will be considered due to strict visa regulations.