Broomfield House School is the oldest independent school in Kew Gardens, near Richmond. We have a happy and thriving co-educational school for children of local families aged 3-11 years old. We are a school that strives for excellence.
We have a team of enthusiastic and excellent staff teaching our children, including classroom assistants in our Early Years, KS1 and KS2 classes.
The hours for this role are Monday to Friday from 10.30am-1.30pm, term time only, plus attendance at staff meetings and training events in the school holidays as required by the Headteacher.
In this role we are looking for someone interested in the physical and pastoral side of supervising play times across the age ranges in the school. In addition, we are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic and capable assistant to provide support to our class teachers in all aspects of educating our pupils, alongside the rest of our specialist teachers and teaching assistants.
As a playtime assistant the role involves:
- playtime duty at morning and lunch breaks each day;
- ensuring the children play safely with good manners and kindness;
- providing stimulation to the children in terms of games and activities, using what is in the playground and ideas for playground games which do not need equipment;
- working as part of our team of teachers on playtime duty to ensure the children are well cared for and looked after at all times.
The main focus of the ILE assistant role is to:
- provide stimulating activities for small groups of children identified by our teachers to have focused small group work;
- lead small group support for children both in our dedicated study rooms and in the main classrooms;
- participate in the active assessment of the children’s learning;
- participate enthusiastically in all aspects of school life.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping children in learning. We are happy to consider candidates with:
- level 2 or 3 teaching or classroom assistant qualifications;
- experience of working in schools, nurseries or in the childcare sector;
- an interest or experience in working in independent schools;
- an interest in sports would be advantageous;
- experience of supporting children with special needs would also be advantageous.
We are also seeking someone who is reliable, able and happy to take direction, and is keen to develop their professional work within a high quality school.
Broomfield House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please see our website on www.broomfieldhouse.com or contact the Headteacher, Susie Byers, on 020 8940 3884.
Please contact Mrs Beverley Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and job description.