We are seeking to appoint a Playground Assistant to join our dedicated Pastoral Team.
The hours for this role will be 10.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and 10.00 am to 4.00 pm on a Friday.
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Is a school for the future. We are highly ambitious and want every student to thrive at school, both academically and personally. We constantly strive to offer the very best educational experience so that our students are prepared for successful futures.
We invest in professional development for our staff and advocate lifelong learning. Our students are wonderful and we work hard to foster excellent relationships between staff and students, creating a nurturing but focused atmosphere.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the playground at break and lunchtimes including supervision of activities such as basketball and table tennis
- Be part of a team of pastoral support providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children and young people.
- Be responsible, with other team members, for ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and stored and for reporting any worn or damaged equipment to the Pastoral lead.
- If qualified, administer or supervise any first aid as required and appropriate.
- Record any accidents/incidents in the accident book.
- Ensure that the playground is tidy and clean.
- Support and embrace the Academy’s Responsible and Professional Culture.
- Follow the systems and processes in place to support the Academy’s targets and priorities.
- Be flexible in attitude and manner.
- Challenge inappropriate behaviours and act within Academy policies.
- Have consideration for, and adhere to, the Academy Safeguarding policy at all times.
- To work towards providing equal opportunities in all aspects of the work and abiding by agreed policies.
- To assist in the implementation of Health and Safety issues and practices and ensuring the safety of all those children on site in the event of a fire /drill or other emergency.
- Attend team meetings and training as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pastoral lead.
Qualifications & Experience
- Evidence of sound general education
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people and staff.
- Ability to challenge any negative behaviour or language.
- An awareness of Equal Opportunities, Child Protection and Health and Safety issues.
- Ability to maintain a clean and tidy working environment in line with Health and Safety policies.
- Ability to understand documentation/policies & procedures relating to the academy, and ability to complete documentation where necessary.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is a co-educational 11-18 Academy for 1000 students which opened in September 2011.
The Academy is one of the most improved schools in the country and was judged Outstanding by Ofsted in 2011. We are a uni...