Required from 24th April to 4th July 2019- Playground Supervisor
Devonshire House is committed to providing a safe and orderly environment for students during non-instructional time periods during the day (break, lunch, playtime).
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week between 10am and 2:00pm Monday - Friday, whilst the school is in session.
The Playground Supervisor responsibilities and skills are:
- The playground supervisor will work as part of a team supervising students from Pre-Reception to Year 8 outside during the students' breaks and playtime.
- The playground supervisors are responsible for ensuring that the school's health and safety rules are followed, for interacting with students and encouraging appropriate play and for managing student behaviour, working with teachers and administration where appropriate.
- Applicants must be physically able to work outside throughout the year.
- Applicants must be knowledgeable about student behaviour and characteristics and have a repertoire of acceptable methods to redirect and control students.
- They must have a nurturing yet firm demeanour and must be committed to ensuring student safety.
- Organisational skills are needed since these supervisors often have several duties to perform simultaneously.
- They must have very good communication skills in order to effectively communicate with students, teachers and principals.
- Previous experience working with students and knowledge of first aid is an asset
- To be familiar with and to follow guidelines as set out in the school staff policy documents, with particular reference to Health and Safety.
- To promote a good standard of pastoral care.
- To foster and maintain good working relationships, acting as a courteous, friendly and business-like member of the school team and working in a co-operative, diplomatic and flexible manner.
- To maintain good practice in terms of staff attendance, discipline and professional attitude in the school.
- To keep the Class teacher, Head, and Deputy Heads informed of any relevant matters concerning pupils or staff.
- To undertake such additional duties as might be reasonably requested by the Headmistress or other authorised person.
- Elements of this job description may be re-negotiated periodically.
Shortlisted candidates will be called to interview. They should bring with them their passport or other proof of identity. If not a UK citizen they should bring with them proof of their entitlement to work in the UK. An offer of appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Clearance and the receipt of references satisfactory to the School.
The interview process will involve:
- A tour of the School
- An interview with the Headmistress and Deputy Head
To apply for the post, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Closing date for completed applications; 24th March 2019
Devonshire House Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. Devonshire House Preparatory School is an equal opportunities employer.
If the candidate has lived in a country other than the UK for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 18, a foreign criminal policy check will be required irrespective of whether they worked in those countries.