Reference Number: SCC161754
Salary: Starting salary £11,354—£18,992 per annum (points 1-9 of the SFCA teachers pay scale) incremental progression throughout the band is available
Faculty: Science, Engineering & Construction
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 0.5FTE
We require a qualified, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven track record of out-standing academic success and achievements to teach Plumbing 6189 NVQ Diplomas and 6035-02 and 6035-03 at Levels 2 & 3 at our City Skills Centre. The successful candidate will be qualified to level 3 in Plumbing and Heating and also hold relevant industrial qualifications including gas, water regulations and unvented hot water. We are seeking someone with ex-cellent subject knowledge who can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with excellent student achievement. Prior experience of teaching in an FE or Sixth Form College would be desirable.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information about Salford City College please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this va-cancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Salford City College is highly ambitious and a leading provider in Greater Manchester. It aims to be outstanding in all aspects of its work.
Reason to Join Us
- Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 11th December 2016
Interview Date: Week commencing 19th December 2016