Teacher of Politics and History
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are seeking a very well-qualified and inspirational teacher to join our outstanding Humanities Faculty. You will be required to teach History at Key Stage 3 and GCSE with Politics at A Level (History at A-Level will be available to teach, but not required), contribute to the extra-curricular opportunities offered by the Department and participate in curriculum initiatives across our thriving Humanities Faculty.
Within the Humanities Faculty you will experience:
· Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
· Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources
· A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
· Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
· London Fringe allowance
· Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
· The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Department
Salary / Allowances applicable MPS
Start Date September 2018
Application Deadline Noon, Monday 19th March
Interview Date Friday 23rd March
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.