Salary: £19,502 (£21,291 FTE)
UL Band 2 Vocational - £17,687 to £26,010 FTE range.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks).
Initial fixed term contract for 12 months
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We are seeking to appoint a new post of Positive Behaviour Mentor to build capacity within our existing team at Sheffield Springs Academy. We are looking to recruit someone with a child centred approach and excellent people skills to work with school staff and other agencies to provide support to children who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern.
Main duties will include:
- To develop a 1:1 or small group mentoring relationship with pupils receiving support, aimed at achieving the goals defined in their individual action plan.
- To work in partnership with the SENCo in drawing up and implementing an action plan for each pupil in need of support.
- To work in partnership with the SENCo to develop effective strategies to remove barriers to learning.
- To respond effectively to any behaviour incidents that take place involving students.
- To maintain an accurate account of behaviour incidents and to use this information to inform the development of proactive intervention strategies / action plans for sustainable improvement.
- To develop knowledge and appreciation of the range of programmes, activities, courses, opportunities, organisations and individuals that could be drawn upon to provide extra support for “at risk” pupils.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you;
- To be both approachable and have excellent people skills.
- To be a team player.
- To have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- To be resilient in following the academy behaviour policy.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable pupils to achieve anything they set their minds to.
Recently graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted (June 2019) this is a fantastic opportunity to join an academy making year on year progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://www.sheffieldsprings-academy.org/vacancies
Closing date: Tuesday 20th January 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews: To take place later the same week.
Where support is better shared
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.