We are seeking to appoint, from September 2018, a Post-16 Learning Leader to add overall strategic capacity to all aspects of Post-16 with a particular focus on Post-16 pedagogical development and students’ learning. This new role presents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding maths specialist with successful leadership and management experience to take on a key whole school strategic role to support the future development and success of Post-16 provision at Ilkley Grammar School.
The successful post holder will be expected to be fully involved in all aspects of leadership of Post-16, working closely with the Director of Post-16 and a fellow Post-16 Learning Leader, and will take responsibility for students in either Year 12 or Year 13. As part of the whole school leadership and management responsibilities, he/she will be expected to lead by example and model outstanding learning and teaching in mathematics, including at Advanced level where maths is immensely popular with 9 teaching groups across Years 12 and 13, as well as a Further Maths class in both years. The post will include Leadership and Management time commensurate with the responsibilities involved and will provide genuine opportunities to help drive forward our continued Post-16 and whole school improvement agenda.
Ilkley Grammar School is an outstanding, vibrant 11-18 comprehensive, with over a 400 year tradition of serving the local community. We are committed to Personal Best as reflected in our Vision and Values:
“Our vision at Ilkley Grammar School is to provide an exceptional, inclusive learning experience at the heart of our community. Our students will achieve their academic personal best and will be equipped with the confidence and skills to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others. We will achieve this through modelling our core values and attributes in the way we work together.”
Our Ofsted inspection of March 2017 confirmed us as an ‘Outstanding’ school in all areas, where we have “pupils (who) demonstrate extremely positive attitudes to learning” and where “pupils’ behaviour in and around the school is exemplary.”
We are the founding and lead school of Moorlands Learning Trust and a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance with a firm commitment to school to school support and developing highly effective collaborative practices.
We are looking for:
* an outstanding, inspirational maths teacher who has the skills, knowledge and personal qualities to model excellence and lead developments in learning and teaching at Post-16
* an experienced, motivated and passionate leader with a proven track record of raising standards
* detailed and up to date knowledge and understanding of Post-16 education
* excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* resilience and a strong, positive work ethic
* a strong commitment to extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities
* the opportunity to make a real difference
* students with ‘highly positive attitudes to learning’
* a commitment to mobile technologies with iPads issued to all teaching staff and students
* a very calm and orderly school with high expectations and an ethos of trust and care
* a committed and established staff
* very supportive parents and Governors
* a location on the edge of Ilkley Moor in beautiful Wharfedale with good transport links to Leeds and Bradford
Closing date for applications: 8am Wednesday 18th April
Provisional interview date: W/C 23rd April 2018
Ilkley Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people in our recruitment procedures and in all our work across and beyond school. The school adheres to statutory guidelines in respect to safe recruitment. All persons employed by the school, in any capacity, will undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and confirmation of employment is subject to a successful outcome. All teaching staff members recruited by the school have their eligibility to teach checked with the DfE.