If you want to be the best, then you should probably join us
Students in our academy made more progress than in any other school in Hackney and made the best progress of any co-educational school in the country in 2014. In 2015 and 2016, students made exceptional progress with a Progress 8 score above 1.00, one of only seven schools in the country to achieve this. That is great news for our students, the academy and our community, but there is so much more that we know can be achieved and you can help.
We have a relentless ambition to deliver continuing success to the young people we serve. Our approach is based on very simple principles: clear systems and extremely high expectations. We focus on the development of our students, their values and ultimately their academic success. We maximise the impact of teaching by providing clear leadership, minimising bureaucracy, and effective support that have tangible results on the quality of teaching and outcomes for our students.
- To lead the day-to-day management of the 6th form centre
- To organise supervised study time for all 6th form students
- To lead and support in managing the code of conduct of students in the 6th form
- To liaise with parents with regards to attendance, punctuality, behaviour and student wellbeing
- To lead and support with the Interventions to raise achievement in post-16 education
- To manage 6th form compulsory study
- To support with key duties to ensure the smooth running of the 6th form
- To lead and support both academic and pastoral mentoring
- To ensure that the code of conduct of all students are in line with the school expectations
- To support learners aged 14-19 to acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed in completing their chosen course
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to shape the lives of young people in Hackney. If you think you can help transform the opportunities for the community we serve, then we would like to hear from you.
For details about the role and how to apply please visit www.thecityacademy.org.
Please note, applications must be received by Wednesday 13th December 2017 at 9am.
Interviews will be held on Friday 15th December 2017.
The City Academy, Hackney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.