36.5 hours per week, Term Time + 5 Days
Holyhead School is heavily oversubscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and then again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
- Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
- Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
- Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
- Staff morale is high
- GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
- Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
- We are looking for a Post 16 Student Learning Mentor to join our school Sixth Form team. The individual will be responsible for the pastoral welfare of our Sixth Form students and support the Director of Sixth Form in all elements of their communication and administration
- It is necessary for the post-holder to be organised, numerate, able to meet strict deadlines, work on their own initiative and have attention to detail.
- An energetic practitioner able to multitask efficiently
- A person who is calm and can work to tight deadlines
- A dedicated professional with a keen eye for detail
- A hard-working individual with high levels of literacy and numeracy
We can offer….
- Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
- The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful school
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- A commitment to Staff Wellbeing
- A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
If you feel that you could add value and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, Human Resources Manager on email@example.com, and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: Noon 8th November 2019
Interview: w/c 11th November 2019
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 email: firstname.lastname@example.org