The successful applicant will be required to coach Sport at all levels from Year 3 to Year 13 pupils. It is essential that the applicant should be able to coach both rugby and cricket. This is for a one-year contract initially, but will be reviewed before the end of the next academic year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be fully involved in coaching Sport at King’s. This will include a full timetable in both PE and Games, delivering the programme of study across both Junior and Senior School. All Post Graduate Sports Assistants are expected to play a full role in the life of the School.
• Highly motivated with a passion for sport and a desire to work within a thriving and busy Games department
• An ability to use initiative
• An ability to coach rugby and cricket across all age groups
• Selecting, managing and officiating teams throughout the week, including Saturday
• Assist with PE lessons
• Promoting professional standards of punctuality, discipline and sportsmanship with all the pupils, taking appropriate action where necessary.
• To assist as a cover tutor when required
• Coaching qualifications across a variety of sports
• The ability to obtain a minibus driving licence
• Ability to coach a range of other sports, eg hockey and netball
• To develop opportunities for pupils to experience other competitive sports
• To support our strength and conditioning programme