Post Holder Maths
Rossett School is an oversubscribed, progressive 11-18 mixed secondary and we converted to academy status on 1 July 2011. In the summer term of 2010 the school was judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
We wish to appoint a talented, imaginative and enthusiastic teacher to lead the development of teaching and learning in Mathematics. The exact responsibilities will be decided upon based on the experience of the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
· Demonstrate outstanding teaching of their subject specialism at all key stages;
· Motivate students and achieve excellent outcomes;
· Have proven leadership qualities, vision and be a team player.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving faculty.
We believe it is important to provide an education for all, acknowledging that the society in which we live is enriched by diversity. We strive to recognise and celebrate the diversity within our school community where everyone is equally valued and treats one another with respect and fairness.
The school achieves excellent value added results with an above average P8 score for the last two years, putting us in the top 30% of schools in the country.
If you have the ability to excite and inspire young people and have a passion for Maths we would like to hear from you.
· the opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school where teaching and learning always takes priority;
· excellent professional development opportunities;
· regular opportunities to collaborate and focus on improving teaching and learning through our innovative Collaborative Research Communities (CRCs);
· additional support and training through the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance.
Rossett School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
For full details of this vacancy please visit our website at www.rossettschool.co.uk