The Principal of Inner Sydney Montessori School (ISMS) invites applications for the position of Pre-Primary Teacher, from Montessori trained teachers throughout the Australian and international school communities.
This is an opportunity for an educator who has a passion for child-focused, kinaesthetic and project-based learning.
You will guide and direct children in a prepared environment that challenges each child to reach his or her fullest potential in accordance with Montessori philosophy, while utilising your experience and working as part of a supportive team. It is important that you are able to respond to individual student needs and abilities, and that you value children’s academic, emotional and spiritual growth.
You would be joining our team at an exciting time of growth and expansion.
We are in the privileged position of being able to sponsor international candidates.
About the Role:
• Teaching Stage 1 (aged 3-6 years)
• Full-time, Permanent and ongoing role
• Start date negotiable from as early as Term 4, 2019
• Pastoral care duties as required
Well located in the vibrant suburbs of Balmain and Lilyfield in Sydney, ISMS has an enviable, small school reputation whilst being one of the largest Montessori schools in Australia. ISMS is a friendly and dynamic Pre-Primary and Primary School with students at the heart of everything we do. The staff create nurturing classrooms where each child develops a healthy self-concept, positive values, strong skills, a deep academic understanding and a curiosity and appreciation of nature and the world around them.
Recognised as one of Australia’s leading Montessori registered schools, this child focused Pre-Primary and Primary School is at enrolment capacity with around 300 students between the ages of 3-12. In addition, around 100 students are enrolled per term in the Infant Community Program for 0-3 year olds.
The successful candidate will be a passionate educator with an embedded understanding and appreciation of the Montessori philosophy. You will have an AMI 3 – 6 Montessori Diploma and hold an Early Childhood teaching qualification covering the ages 0-6
You will also be required to attain NSW accreditation.
You will demonstrate:
• A passion for Montessori education and a strong desire to work within a collaborative, authentic Montessori environment;
• The ability to promote a positive and supportive ethos for pupils where all are valued, encouraged and challenged to achieve the best they can;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, an energetic, positive demeanour and an ability to work as part of a team
• Must be a trained Montessori teacher with an AMI 3-6 Diploma
• Hold a Early Childhood teaching qualification (0-6 years) recognised in Australia (PGCE or a 4 year Education degree with at minimum, a 12 month education allotment) . SCITTS or GTPS are unfortunately not accepted.
• Possess 3 professional references
• Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with both ACECQA and NESA
• Hold, or have the ability to hold a valid Working With Children Check (NSW)
ISMS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to satisfactory references, police clearances and a Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
How to Apply
We are very proud of our School and actively encourage visits to meet our wonderful children and team. Please telephone the School office to make an appointment. We also invite you to gain an understanding of our School from our website www.isms.nsw.edu.au
To register your interest and obtain further information please email Emma Brackenridge at ISMS@smartteachers.com.au to arrange a confidential discussion.
Direct applications may be submitted, including a cover letter and CV, to ISMS@smartteachers.com.au
If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1905-536893MH – email@example.com
If you would like to receive information on visas for Australia, please do email Monet for information.
We are considering and contacting suitable applicants immediately on receipt, so we encourage early application.