Little Squirrels Pre-School is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated manager to head up this Ofsted outstanding Pre-School which comes with a dedicated area of National Trust woodland where our forest school inspired sessions take place.
The successful candidate must possess and demonstrate the following essential requirements. In addition, forest school training is also advantageous. Salary subject to qualifications and relevant experience. This is a term-time only position.
Skills, aptitude, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a full and relevant Level 3 qualification – plus GCSE’s in both English and Maths Grade C or above.
- Must have completed Safeguarding Foundation course (Group 3) within last 3 years
- Must have considerable, proven experience of working within a childcare setting.
- Must hold a current, valid UK driving licence
The successful candidate must be able to:
- plan effective learning and care programmes
- demonstrate experience of working with the Early Years Foundation Stage and other relevant learning programmes/strategies e.g. contributing towards individual education plans
- work collaboratively as part of a team (with staff and the management committee)
- take key decisions independentl
- demonstrate their flexibility, creative thinking and adaptability
- relate well to both children and adults and have strong communication and listening skills
- demonstrate an understanding and recognition of the principles of equality and diversity
- lead the effective planning of learning
- identify and discuss staff training needs with staff and committee
- shown a working knowledge of child development and learning processes with reference to particular barriers to learning
- show experience of working with other agencies and professionals
- demonstrate a proven ability to lead planning sessions
- demonstrate a proven and successful experience of working with children of relevant age in an early learning environment
- work independently using own initiative.
- self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- relate well to children and adults including other professionals/carers/parents
- set, demonstrate and promote good practice in line with the ethos of the pre-school both indoors and outdoors.
- manage multiple tasks, whilst ensuring children, colleagues, parents and carers are respected and listened to.
- keep updated written records of children’s achievements including observations
- demonstrate that they are highly organised and computer literate (Word / Excel)
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Ability to promote the pre-school to the wider community
- Effectively communicate with adults and children
- Enthusiasm for learning and working with children
- Reflective approach and commitment to personal development
- Able to provide consistently high levels of quality care and education opportunities to all children
- Be caring, friendly, approachable, open, inclusive, welcoming, and personable
- Able to work collaboratively with both staff and management committee to ensure the on-going success of the pre-school
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
Please email Little Squirrels the following information:
- A summary of your work experience to date including dates and at least 2 references. Please ensure that you refer to the personal qualities we have outlined above when writing your covering letter.
- Any forest school qualifications or experience you have in a woodland / outdoor learning setting.
- A copy of your CV.
Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 5th December 2016.