PolyMAT is looking to appoint a Premises Assistant to work in all schools across the Trust.
We are a small but expanding MAT, our vision is ‘Success for Everyone’. There are currently two schools in the Trust, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16, and the newly built Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, that is already making huge strides in the education arena. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Premises Assistant to join the Premises team. You will work under the direction of the Premises Manager, with responsibilities for caretaking of the Trust’s sites to ensure safety, security and sound condition of the buildings, facilities and grounds. Occasional out of hours and weekend work will be required.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• Experience in building and routine maintenance, caretaking and decorating
• Ability to work alone or as part of the premises team
• A personable manner and to have a flexible approach to all duties undertaken
• A good standard of IT skills
• Ability to prioritise work, to act on own initiative, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Good inter-personal and organisational skills
• Ability to work flexible hours and some shift patterns
• Willingness to attend training courses to enhance development and performance
As a member of the PolyMAT staff we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 16 December. Interviews will be scheduled to take place shortly after.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Woolwich Poly is located in Thamesmead, a thriving multi-cultural and diverse area in the London Borough of Greenwich, where around 65% of our students have English as an additional language; Ofsted noted our outstanding ethos and curriculum.”T...