Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school (co-educational at Post 16) and was rated outstanding in its last inspection (2011). The school prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
You will assist the Premises Manager to ensure the school is secure, well maintained and that the environment is safe for pupils, staff and visitors. You will be required to lock / unlock the School as required, undertake decoration of areas to the agreed development plan and assist in the day to day routine of premises management.
The successful candidate will be reliable, trustworthy and possess the necessary knowledge and skills to support a safe environment for staff, pupils and visitors to the school.
The duties in this role will be varied and rewarding, within a supportive and friendly team and will include:
• General repairs and maintenance
• Maintenance of furniture, fittings and equipment
• General security of the site
• Oversight of Lettings & out of hours duties
If you are seeking to join a committed and enthusiastic team in a school where collaboration and professional development are supported, then we would be delighted to receive your application.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.