Harris Academy Tottenham is a new academy with a specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students from 3-18 years of age.
We are looking for a Premises Assistant with a clear commitment to supporting and developing the vision for this academy. You will be committed to the highest achievement for all and be a resourceful and enthusiastic supporter of education.
In selecting a Premises Assistant to join our team, we are looking for a dedicated and hard-working individual; someone who understands that keeping our premises and brand new facilities maintained to the highest standards is key to our success.
As a member of the team you will be:
- Capable of establishing good working relationships with the Principal, office and teaching staff, pupils, parents, cleaners, and all other stakeholders;
- Flexible in your approach to planning the working day;
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable;
- Practical, with basic DIY skills;
- Reasonably fit, as the work involves lifting and carrying.
What we are looking for:
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements;
- Basic training (or sound experience) in either plumbing, general/ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance or heating systems;
- A sound understanding of cleaning methods and standards;
- Good communication skills and a flexible approach.
Experience of working in a school or educational establishment is desirable but not essential.
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- The opportunity to work with senior leaders experienced in creating Outstanding academies;
- A calm, well-disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment;
- Cross curricular and cross Federation experience to develop your career;
- Excellent prospects for future promotion;
- Superb professional development, including a thorough induction programme, and promotion opportunities both within the academy and through the Harris Federation; this will ensure that you are always at the forefront of teaching and learning innovation;
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best.
Our ethos is based on our values of Endeavour, Enjoy and Excel. As part of the Harris Federation you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation. If you are committed to the learning and wellbeing of young people, we welcome your application.
For more information, please contact the Resource Manager, Kora Kumor, on email@example.com.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.