Are you a practical and reliable problem-solver with experience of maintaining school premises?
GLF Schools is looking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic Premises Assistant to support two of our schools: Merstham Primary and Merstham Park (Secondary) to carry out compliance checks, maintenance, security and general caretaking duties. The successful candidate will be based at Merstham Primary and Merstham Park but may be required to work occasionally at other nearby GLF schools.
This is a full time role based on 36 hours per week split across five days, though some weekend working may be required. Hours to be agreed according to school need but may involve a split shift (early to mid morning and mid-afternoon to early evening). This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the life of GLF school and support the education of around 500 students.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a good awareness of health and safety issues
- Is reliable and able to work on their own initiative
- Is capable at carrying out basic maintenance and DIY tasks
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good teamworker
- Is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Is keen to contribute positively to the life of the school
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
- Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained
- Implement and ensure security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities.
- Be the main key holder, attend to out of hours call out
- Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
- Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities and income.
- Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
- Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Lean and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: £19,490-£22,733 (GLF Grade 5)
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th January
Interview Date: Thursday 23rd January
This position does not come with accommodation; however, accommodation may be available in the future.
Merstham Park Secondary is a new school currently with a small intake of children. We expect this role to be split between both schools but with more time at the Primary initially.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around either school. Please contact the Merstham Primary School on 01737 643978.