PREMISES ASSISTANT REQUIRED TO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person, with a range of practical skills, to join our successful school team to keep our site clean and safe. The successful candidate will take pride in the school, have high standards and be proactive.
Working in partnership with our friendly team and under the direction of the Premises Officer, the successful candidate will:
- Assist in managing the whole school site including all the buildings, grounds
- Take responsibility for security
- Assume some cleaning duties
- Low level window cleaning
- Supervise contractors on site
- Undertake a range of minor repairs, maintenance, decorating and gardening
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the children and the school
- Take pride in the role and ensure that site is well-maintained with, including the highest standards of cleanliness and Health and Safety
- Share the vision for the school and be committed to making a difference to our children and our community
Hours will fall between 7.00 a.m. and 7.30 p.m. and may differ slightly on each day.
Adamsrill Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and all offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check, overseas checks and receipt of satisfactory references; references will be requested prior to interview.
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Adamsrill Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are welcomed, please call our school office on 0208 699 8548 to arrange an appointment.
Additional information about the school can be found on our website www.adamsrill.lewisham.sch.uk
Application packs are available at www.lewisham.gov.uk and should be emailed to the School Business Manager at email@example.com .
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been successful.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday 20th September 2017.
Interview date: Week commencing 25th September 2017