We are looking for a Premises Assistant to provide site support to the premises management, staff and students.
Your role will be to assist the Premises Manager to secure the smooth running of the sixth form, with key accountabilities including:
- Responsibility for assisting the premises manager in maintaining the security, integrity, safety and appearance of the premises and its fabric
- Responsibility, alongside the Premises Manager, for health and safety matters as they relate to maintenance of the premises
- Supporting the Premises Manager in liaising with and monitoring external contractors related to the premises
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Westminster Sixth Form, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- Knowledge of maintenance and security systems and procedures, and an understanding of appropriate cleaning methods and standards
- General maintenance experience in an establishment with children and young people
- Physical fitness appropriate to tasks required
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Westminster Sixth Form
A 2016 Ofsted inspection found Harris Westminster Sixth Form to be Outstanding in all areas, confirming our status as London’s leading state sixth form for able students. Harris Westminster combines the strengths of Westminster School in teaching academically able students with the Harris Federation’s experience in establishing and running outstanding maintained sector schools. We take full advantage of our location just off Parliament Square to provide students with a vibrant and stimulating academic environment including weekly guest lectures in school. We are highly over-subscribed, academically selective and have a varied student cohort including 40% Pupil Premium. 17 students from our 2016/17 cohort went on to study at Oxbridge. We are looking for outstanding individuals to join this exciting and scholarly community.
Why work at Harris Westminster Sixth Form?
- The opportunity to support some of the brightest young minds in London and open up the world’s most prestigious universities to them
- Support, CPD and networking with staff at Westminster School and from across the Harris Federation
- A positive and innovative environment in which to work
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.