We are seeking a candidate highly experienced in building maintenance and/or the building trade to lead a team of four maintenance staff as Premises Maintenance Site Manager, initially on a six-month fixed-term contract.
This is a full time post (37.5 hours) with flexible working hours required. Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a well maintained school which, despite having some of the building built during the 1970s, is in excellent condition; the candidate for this role will be able to support with this in all aspects of maintenance.
- Good practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- Training in one or more of plumbing, general grounds maintenance, electrical/building maintenance or heating systems
- Experience of a maintenance environment, ideally withing a school and/or a large corporate building
- A good team player, with strong communication skills
Reporting to the Head of Academy, you will be responsible for the effective maintenance of the school premises to support the continued outstanding operation of the academy. This will include:
- Day to day running of the site
- Management of maintenance team and cleaners
- Ensure an effective programme of planned and preventative maintenance is in place
- All aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are observed and adhered to
- Security management
- Liaison with contractors as and when needed.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a pioneering academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18. The founding academy of the Harris Federation, it has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, most recently finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect in 2014. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
Why work at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- The opportunity to play a key role in encouraging high achievement from our students in one of the most over-subscribed and popular academies in the country
- Support for all members of the academy community to achieve their absolute potential - our motto is 'All Can Achieve'
- First class development opportunities in a vibrant learning community
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH.
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link, or contact our HR Advisor via email email@example.com or by phone on 020 8771 2261.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.