36 hours per week, term-time plus 5 weeks
Philip Southcote is a warm and friendly school that focuses on the personal and social needs of pupils as well as developing and delivering high quality education. The school has a long and successful history of meeting the needs of a wide range of pupils’ special needs including the Deaf Pupil Provision and Post 16 Provision.
We are committed to;
• Empowering young people to become responsible adults; respecting themselves, others and the wider community
• Providing a safe, trusting and respectful learning environment where the Southcote Community promotes life-long learning
We have recently created the role of Premises Manager to reflect an increased focus on our school facilities due to rising pupil numbers.
This is a split shift role which will include responsibility for both opening and closing the school site with mutually suitable hours to be agreed.
• To be responsible to the Headteacher for a high level of maintenance of the buildings and site, to ensure their most cost effective use, and to contribute towards the Governing Body’s objectives of achieving greater value for money.
• To be responsible for the general safety and overall appearance of the site, and manages all issues relating to Health and Safety, e.g. implementing a programme of risk assessments.
• To act as site first aider when required (with training provided to fulfil the post).
For further information contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 3 July 2017 Interviews to be held: One week after shortlisting
Philip Southcote School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. As with all posts, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the UK and, if they have lived abroad, overseas police clearance/s will need to be sought.