£21,546 to £23,610 per annum (depending on experience)
36 hours per week (as a split shift) Permanent, Full Time
All Year Round
Required to start as soon as possible
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person, with a range of practical skills, to join our successful school team to keep our site clean and safe. The successful candidate will take pride in the school, have high standards and be proactive. They will also need to be computer literate and be prepared to report to Governors when required.
Working in partnership with our friendly team, the successful candidate will:
- Manage the whole school site including all the buildings, grounds and swimming pool
- Take responsibility for security
- Co-ordinate, manage and motivate a small team of cleaners
- Assume some cleaning duties
- Low level window cleaning
- Arrange and supervise contractors on site
- Undertake a range of minor repairs, maintenance, decorating and gardening
- Carry out Health and Safety checks and take responsibility for the majority of Health and Safety procedures and paperwork for the school
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the children and the school
- Take pride in the role and ensure that site is well-maintained with, including the highest standards of cleanliness and Health and Safety
- Share the vision for the school and be committed to making a difference to our children and our community
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake regular training to enable them to undertake their role effectively and to comply with Health and Safety regulations. The role will include working at height. Experience in any of the areas of the role is desirable, but training and an induction programme will be provided. Due to the nature of the role there will be instances of lone working and manual handling including the lifting of large and heavy items. Full training will be given.
Hours will fall between 7.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. and may differ slightly on each day. Visits to the school are encouraged Week beginning Monday 11th September 2017 and can be arranged through the school office.
You will be joining a hard working and friendly team and you will be provided with support, guidance and training.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For further details, please contact Jane Potter by phone on 020 8672 6796 option 0 or email email@example.com
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email, post or fax.
Closing date: 21 September 2017 (at noon)
Interview/Selection Day: 27 September 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Sellincourt Primary School Sellincourt Road Tooting, London SW17 9SA Tel: 020 8672 6796 Fax: 020 8672 6057
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Headteacher: Miss Hayley Clayton