We are seeking a proactive, skilled and motivated individual for the key role of Premises Officer to work as part of our friendly and supportive team. We are looking for an individual who is flexible, has a “can do” attitude and has a sense of pride in good workmanship. You will also show a commitment to maintaining the school grounds to the high standard expected and always with the safety of our pupils in mind. Only individuals who have clearly demonstrated the range of building maintenance and /or DIY skills within their application will be considered for this post.
Main purposes of the job:
- To be responsible for the general maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school and to maintain the premises (both internally and externally) in a clean, safe, sound and secure condition for staff, pupils, parents and community users.
- The person appointed to this role will be expected to have enthusiasm and commitment for improving the school within areas of their direct responsibility.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Security, cleanliness
- Repair and maintenance
- Be a nominated key holder
- Health and Safety
- Split shift (08.00am-11.15am / 2.45pm-18.45pm)
To obtain an application pack please contact the Acting School Business Manager, Vivien Hamilton, firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8679 5005. Please return your completed application form to Ms Hamilton either by email or via post to the school address.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 19th October 2017 at noon
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 6th November 2017
Shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to tour the school prior to interview by appointment.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Applicants will also be required to declare that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009. Successful candidates will also have a period of probation. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack.
Immanuel & St Andrew C of E Primary School
Northanger Road, Streatham, Lambeth, London SW16 5SL
Tel: 020 8679 5005