We are looking for an enthusiastic Premises Officer to join our team at this brand new Harris academy.
You will be responsible for the provision of a safe, clean, attractive learning environment, taking responsibility for the maintenance, security, health and safety of the academy site, ensuring that they operate efficiently and effectively.
Harris Academy Sutton will open in September 2018 as a brand new, state-of-the-art 11-18 co-educational academy in the heart of Sutton. With a Specialism in Science, the Academy will collaborate closely with its neighbours on the London Cancer Hub site: the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital. These represent two world-class organisations and together with the new six-form entry Academy they will form a campus community with research buildings, hospital facilities, and a reputation for excellence in the fields of research and medical provision.
The Academy will offer a broad and balanced curriculum to the young people of Sutton: the Campus itself will provide a focal point for talented scientists and clinicians by establishing world class facilities to not only attract top researchers but also to educate the life science workforce of the future. This is a unique opportunity for dynamic, motivated professionals to be part of the team helping to shape what will become the leading science educational establishment in London.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- A person with a good level of physical fitness, including the ability to carry out some heavy lifting where required
- Someone with the flexibility to deal with emergencies outside normal working hours, and to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in an inner city school or educational establishment with children and young people
- Considerable DIY experience, and a basic knowledge of the operation of heating, ventilating systems and common causes of malfunctions, appropriate cleaning methods and standards, and security systems and procedures
- Basic knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements
- Basic training in (or sound experience of) one or more of plumbing, general and ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance or heating systems
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Sutton?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an Academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- An innovative, inclusive and happy environment in which to teach and learn, promoting academic achievement across the curriculum and encouraging participation in extra- curricular activities
- All the advantages of a highly successful Academy group including strong central support, outstanding CPD opportunities through the Harris Teaching School Alliance, and a generous benefits and rewards package
For more information, or to arrange a confidential discussion with the Principal, please call the Head of Recruitment on 0208 253 7777.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.