We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic prep school music teacher to cover maternity leave for the Winter Term (20th August 2019 to 12th December 2019). The ideal candidate will be experienced in teaching music from Year 3 to Year 8. They will be able to organise concerts and be willing to work within the Performing Arts department to create and support performances in addition to contributing to Cranleigh’s extensive co-curricular programme.
The post will suit a well-qualified graduate, committed to delivering an exceptional learning experience for every pupil. Music is a popular and successful subject at Cranleigh, with an extensive co-curricular programme to enhance it.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teaching practitioner who is forward-thinking, experienced and energetic to build on our current success.
Closing Date for application is 16th April 2019
About Cranleigh Abu Dhabi
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi sits at the entrance to Saadiyat’s emerging Cultural District in keeping with the school’s motto, ‘Ex Cultu Robur’ – ‘From Culture Comes Strength’. Built over seven hectares, we have a beautiful, bespoke campus situated within minutes of New York University Abu Dhabi and the magnificent Saadiyat Beach, as well as the extraordinary Louvre Abu Dhabi.
In addition to the broad academic curriculum, our daily routine offers a wealth of opportunities that allow pupils to explore their full range of talents in fine arts, performing arts, music, sport and other activities such as gymnastics, golf, horse riding and debating to name but a few. Check out our Facebook page to get an even better idea of day-today life at Cranleigh Abu Dhabi.
We are looking for first class teachers to join our vibrant team and work with us in our pursuit of excellence. Attractive packages will reflect the professionalism of our staff and the value we place on them.
Person Specification (minimum):
· Bachelors Degree in the related subject with a PGCE and minimum of two years teaching experience
· Be able to provide a relevant and up to date police check
· Experience in teaching at a UK Curriculum school preferably from an independent school background but not essential
· Passion for contributing to Cranleigh’s extensive enrichment programme
What we offer:
· Competitive terms of employment and excellent working conditions
· Tax Free Salary
· Fully furnished accommodation where applicable
· Medical insurance and annual Air Fare for individuals and dependents where applicable
· Generous discounts on children’s school fees