Part-time (0.5), 1 year fixed-term contract – Commencing June
Westminster School is a leading coeducational, day and boarding Uniting Church School located in Marion, south-west of the city. We promote being courageous, curious, inclusive, kind, mindful and resilient and aim to instill these values in both our students and our staff.
Our Mission is to provide an exceptional education for students Preschool to Year 12.
About the ELC Teacher
Teachers at Westminster are highly professional persons who should indicate the highest standards of personal presentation, preparation for teaching and learning, punctuality and student management. The building of a positive relationship with students, parents and colleagues is an expectation. All staff members are expected to participate fully in the life and co-curricular activities of the School.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To maintain an ELC environment which is stimulating, focused and engaging, and which reflects the School’s values and ethos.
- Keep abreast of any specific student needs and support these in the ELC.
- To assess student work and grade student performance accurately and promptly in line with agreed policies and procedures, and to moderate assessment tasks with other staff at their year level.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in pedagogy.
- Incorporate the essential knowledge and skills of the Early Years Learning and National Quality Frameworks into teaching and learning programs and align these with the Westminster framework.
- Participate as a partner in planning, implementing and evaluating School policies relating to curriculum.
- Cater for, and be inclusive of, the diverse needs of learners.
- Assist with displays, special events and activities to support student learning.
- Maintain positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education qualification
- Demonstrated passion for, and experience in, teaching ELC students
- Innovative and exemplary classroom practitioner with a proven record of student outcomes
- High level of ICT skills, knowledge and effective incorporation into classroom practice, including creative and confident use of an IWB.
- The capacity to cater for students with a range of abilities and learning styles within the ELC environment and to monitor, and respond to, student progress.
- The capability to work co-operatively with students, staff and parents to produce the best learning outcomes for students.
- Regular and up to date professional knowledge and learning
- Involvement at relevant professional organisations
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities:
- Enthusiastic, resilient and optimistic educator
- A high level of organisational ability: is flexible and can prioritise and manage multiple demands in a fast paced environment
- High level of communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills which enable positive relationships to be built with managers, peers, staff, parents and students
- Able to successfully work independently, and collaboratively, as part of a team
- A commitment to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
A position description is available on our website under the Careers tab.
For further information about this role please contact our Human Resources team, email@example.com
To apply, please submit via Seek, your resume and cover letter addressed to Mr Grant Bock, Head of Preparatory School by Tuesday 26 February.
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.