SIS Swiss International School operates 16 bilingual, private day schools in Switzerland, Germany and Brazil. More than 3.400 students attend our classes from preschool through to secondary school. They come from local as well as from international families and learn in German (or Portuguese) and in English.
SIS Swiss International School Friedrichshafen provides a complete education from preschool through to secondary school and university entrance qualification. Throughout all stages, subjects are taught in German and English. Our school community comprises staff members and families from all over the world, working together to deliver a stimulating and exciting learning experience to our students. Established in 2009, the school has grown to more than 200 students.
Our bilingual preschool is open all day from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. We work in two groups for children aged three to six years. The children are supervised by German- and English-speaking educational staff, who use their native languages to communicate with the children. Our work is based on the state kindergarten curriculum, as well as on the concept developed by SIS, which includes six areas of learning. The focus is on learning about appropriate topics through play and discovery. One of our areas of focus is project work, which allows the children to dive deep into a topic and learn through hands-on experience. Another objective of our work is teaching the children to be independent. They should gain a sense of achievement from being able to do things by themselves, thereby strengthening their self-confidence. The preschool facilities are located in their own wing on the ground floor of our school building and have their own access to the outdoor area. Our youngest children feel very much at home in a variety of group rooms, play corners and a nap room. They especially enjoy our ball pool in the entry area.
In our school in Friedrichshafen, we teach on the grounds of a historical building which has been converted into a modern campus and offers a stunning view of the Swiss alps. Situated near Lake Constance, the Friedrichshafen area offers a wealth of leisure activities like hiking, swimming, cycling, water sports and winter sports.
For the school year 2017/18 (starting 1 September 2017 or later), we are seeking a
Preschool Teacher (full-time)
for our school in Friedrichshafen, Lake Constance.
- fully trained and qualified preschool school teacher (e.g. bachelor in early childhood education or equivalent qualification)
- passion for teaching and supporting children in all areas
- team spirit and openness to new experiences
- awareness of importance of preschool education as a basis for continuing education
- fluent or near fluent level of English, good understanding of German preferred
- ability to work in a team and interest in being part of an innovative and international staff
- an innovative pedagogical concept: preschool and school under one roof where German and English are equally important in school communication
- the opportunity to actively participate in the educational development of the school by contributing your own ideas
- a stimulating professional learning and working environment characterised by the ideas of a teaching team made up of various nationalities
- the chance for manifold staff development opportunities with a particular focus on bilingual education
- an open and welcoming atmosphere
- additional employer benefits (e.g. reduced price for lunch, company pension scheme etc.)
Please send your complete application documentation via email to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
For further information about SIS Friedrichshafen and the vacancy, please contact the vice principal, Shane Lions (phone +49 7541 954 37 0).