Required for September 2018
Primary and Secondary Teaching Assistants and Secondary Behaviour Support Assistants
A unique opportunity to join this highly successful, oversubscribed and forward thinking school on its exciting journey from good to outstanding and development within a local MAT
Batley Grammar School is seeking to appoint Teaching Assistants (TA) in both primary and secondary and two Behaviour Support Assistants (BSA) to join our secondary staff team in September 2018.
The successful candidates will work closely with the SENCO and relevant primary or secondary staff, as part of a specialist team including teachers, support staff and a range of other professionals to support the learning and welfare of specific children.
Both roles will involve a combination of support on a one to one and small group basis either in the classroom and/or in our Student Support Centre. In addition the BSA role will involve some specific behaviour support duties during two lessons daily which cover the secondary students’ staggered break and lunch times.
Applicants should have a good general education with GCSE equivalent in maths and English. Experience of working in this role would be desirable but not essential as training will be given
· A successful 4-16 co-educational Free School, rated good by Ofsted (January 2015);
· A small school of approx. 820 pupils and students (208 in Primary) with a highly committed staff and a friendly family atmosphere;
· Visitors tell us we have a calm and purposeful environment and our pupils and students are well-mannered and that our school ethos is powerfully transmitted;
· An ethnically and culturally diverse school with a vibrant extra-curricular programme in sports, music and arts;
· Excellent CPD opportunities and staff induction programme.
Please see our website www.batleygrammar.co.uk for an application form and further details. Please note that CVs cannot be accepted. The school’s application form needs to be completed together with a covering letter.
· Closing date: Tuesday 26 June 2018 at 12 noon;
· Interviews: These will take place in the week beginning 2 July 2018;
- Working Pattern: Term Time only, permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary
- Working Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week;
- Salary: According to skills and experience in the range of S14-S18;(14,446 -
- Job Type: Education School based Learning and Behaviour Support.
Completed application forms should be sent to the Executive Principal’s Secretary Mrs Rosie Gregg, Batley Grammar School, Carlinghow Hill, Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 0AD or e-mailed to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 26 June 2018.
Batley Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks, disclosures of disqualification by association and two satisfactory references