This is an exciting opportunity for exceptional teachers to join QP Schools in key positions. We are looking for versatile and dynamic teachers of Islamic Studies for our Muslim students in addition to teaching non–native Arabic language for all our KS2 students.
The successful candidates should be able to teach both Islamic Studies and Arabic language through the medium of English and be fluent in both Arabic and English.
Both Mesaieed International School and Dukhan English School are vibrant community schools educating over 1100 students from 3 to 18 years of age and representing between 30 to 40 different nationalities. Both schools have a vibrant and dynamic group of teachers within a supportive and encouraging community. The schools serve both the Mesaieed and Dukhan townships.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that both challenges and supports our young people. We place high value on learning and the well-being of all our students. We also promote the professional development of our teachers, believing that a culture of life-long learning is the key to success. Most importantly, we are happy schools that place a strong emphasis on trust, collaboration and communication.
We are seeking experienced, resilient teachers who can inspire both students and colleagues to build on the strong foundations of our schools. The successful candidates will demonstrate a solid track record of teaching experience. They will be committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students through a solution focused approach. They will also demonstrate their ability to work independently whilst remaining a strong member of the languages team. This is an opportunity for passionate teachers, who share our vision and commitment to join an aspirational and hardworking team of teachers.
• Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and experience of teaching Arabic language for non-native students in KS2
• Demonstrate experience of teaching Islamic Studies to children in all Primary year groups
• Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
• Develop innovative pedagogical approaches within planning and teaching and learning
• Ensure students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement of all children
• Work with the community to develop good relationships and parent/school partnerships
• Degree in Arabic
• Three to five years’ experience in teaching Arabic language for non-native students in KS2
• Three to five years’ experience teaching Islamic Studies for Muslim students across all Primary year groups
• A proven track record as an outstanding practitioner
• Experience of using formative assessment systems to evaluate the curriculum offer
• A team player, able to foster trust and offer challenge to colleagues
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to continued personal and professional development
• Ability to teach Arabic language for non-native students in KS1
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Experience working in an international school
Salary and benefit package:
In return for your passion and ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employees of Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous salaries, provided accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and access to sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: QP Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.
- International schools & colleges
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for outstanding professionals who are eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the Oil and Gas Industry. Our schools are internationally focused and both are seen as importan...