Primary ASD HLTA or equivalent
£20,333 - £22,019 per annum 35 hours per week
Required from November 2017
SEN HLTA for ASD Base
We wish to appoint for November 2017 an outstanding higher level teaching assistant for children with ASD to the brand new Provision at Ravenstone Primary School in Balham. We will open on the 31st October 2017 and will eventually cater for 16 pupils from ages 4-11 on the Autistic Spectrum. The post holder will be responsible for the support and delivery of teaching and learning at key stages 1 and 2, and will model best practice to support staff, and will need to be an exceptional classroom practitioner and have demonstrable experience of working with children on the autism spectrum, with associated challenging behaviour and other complex needs.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have experience of working with children with ASD, with proven ability to ensure every child makes good progress across P-levels and National curriculum levels
- Have knowledge and experience with ASD approaches such as TEACCH, PECs and Makaton
- Have experience of planning and delivering lessons in school settings
- Be a dedicated team member, energetic and committed to raising standards
- Work within and contribute to the larger school
- Be well organised, confident with strong interpersonal skills
Visits are welcome and actively encouraged as you will be able to gain an overview of the school and the school community. Please phone 020 8673 0594 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For any further details please contact the school on 020 8673 0594 or by the email below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school by email: email@example.com
Closing Date:16 October 2017 (at noon)
Interviews: 19 October 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Ravenstone Primary School Autistic Hub Ravenstone Street Balham, London SW12 9SS
Telephone 020 8673 0594 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.ravenstoneschool.co.uk