- Start date: August/September 2021.
- Contract: Full-time, permanent, fully sponsored.
- Salary: Highly competitive tax-free package including excellent salary (based on experience), free private accommodation, free return flights home each year, generous paid annual leave, free school places for children, comprehensive private medical insurance, unlimited sunshine and much more!
Our happy, supportive and tremendously successful primary team was recently certified one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas (BSO).
We are now looking for a small number of outstanding Early Years, KS1 and KS2 classroom teachers to join us for the start of the 2021 academic year.
If you are a UK-qualified teacher with experience of delivering the national curriculum of England – and you have a creative, positive and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the primary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the best quality lessons to engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Hold a good bachelor’s degree and PGCE qualification from a reputable UK university.
- Have experience of teaching the English national curriculum at your chosen year level.
- Demonstrate good knowledge or understanding of linked or continuous provision (EYFS/KS1).
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers, whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region – we are one of only three schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’.
Our 2020 BSO report wrote:
- ‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
- ‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
- ‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
Our primary school – currently comprised of about 1,000 students – is a vibrant, fun and multicultural place of learning. It offers an engaging and warm environment, where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and develop their curiosity.
In Early Years and KS1, our students enjoy a thematic curriculum delivered through continuous provision (EYFS) or thematic/linked provision (KS1), plus specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and Music. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning. Classes are supported by trained, qualified, and experienced teaching assistants.
In KS2, our students enjoy a thematic curriculum plus specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and French. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning.
Application and interview
Send us your CV and a brief covering letter via the link on our website.
Initial interviews will be conducted online and successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day (and beyond!).
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.
Qatar International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years