Job Reference : 003490
As a key member of BSB Shunyi’s teaching team, you will be responsible for driving the highest quality learning within a culture of pride and respect that will empower our students to succeed. You will be a suitably experienced and qualified teacher, and ideally familiar with the Early Years Foundation Stage and English National Curriculum.
Reporting to the Head of EYFS, you will be an excellent communicator, who gets on well with colleagues, students and parents. Amongst other things, you’ll be well organised, have a good sense of humour and want to participate fully in the extra-curricular aspects of school life as well as the classroom. You will be responsible for all aspects of teaching and learning, and for encouraging a culture of inspiration, enjoyment and success. Our staff work co-operatively and enjoy collaborating, therefore good interpersonal skills and enjoyment of team work are essential.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, you will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues;
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom engage and motivate students, using student’s interests as a catalyst for learning.
- Engage and extend students’ learning using a play-based and investigative approach.
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school in the local and international communities.
Some key tasks and responsibilities of the post will include:
- Liaising and communicating effectively within year groups and across the school;
- Setting high expectations for students, establishing and maintaining a good standard of behaviour management through well focused learning opportunities.
- Be in tune with students, using their interests to plan challenging and engaging learning opportunities for students that builds on prior attainment, knowledge and skills.
- Know effective strategies to intervene and extend learning through play.
- Create a well-resourced, organised and effective learning environment that caters to children’s needs and interests.
- Recording data and tracking progress continuously so that it can be used to inform target setting for each student. Knowledge of use of electronic learning journals would be beneficial.
- Knowing how to write informative, learning-focused reports to parents in a professional manner following the reporting procedures of the school;
- Understanding the need to take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy;
- Interacting on a professional level with colleagues and seeking to establish and maintain productive relationships in order to promote mutual understanding of the school curriculum with the aim of improving the quality of teaching and learning in the school;
- Working in close partnership with Learning Assistants and other specialist teachers to ensure that students’ learning experiences are consistent across the school.
In common with the majority of international schools, day to day life is socially, emotionally and professionally demanding. In return for your passion to deliver a quality education you will enjoy a competitive salary, accommodation (or allowance), lunches, beginning and end of contract flight allowance, healthcare and places in the school for your children. You’ll have the opportunity to live and work in a dynamic part of the world and will benefit from the opportunities inherent in a high quality global organisation dedicated to education and helping others to be the best they can be. Our students are highly motivated and a pleasure to work with.
In addition to being highly successful in its own right, BSB Shunyi is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of premium international schools. This means the successful candidate will have the security and opportunities that come from being part of a premiere organisation dedicated to education, as well as joining an international team in which thoughts and ideas are shared around the globe as we strive to make our schools the very best in the world.
This is an exciting time to be joining Nord Anglia Education as we are a global family of 47 international schools, providing outstanding education to over 39,000 students from preschool through to the end of secondary education.
Please visit our website at www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shunyi
To Apply: Online applications should contain a CV, one page letter of application and the details of two professional references.
Closing date: The closing date for application is January 5th, 2018.
Please note that the school reserves the right to appoint prior to this date. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early. Interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both country of residence/ birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.Bottom of Form