Role: Primary Class Teacher (focus on Reception)
Full time - Permanent
Start date: September 2017 (preferred start date 29/8/17)
Heyford Park Free School, for both primary and secondary students, opened in September 2013 and draws students from Upper Heyford, local villages and from Bicester. There are a lot of new houses being built locally and our numbers will grow with the new development: we currently have over 150 primary children and over 200 secondary students. When completed, we will have a 2-form entry school from Nursery to Sixth Form. Our heritage site combines the history of an old military site with modern purpose-built spaces.
We aim to know every one of our students well as individuals, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Reception Class teacher
In September 2017, we will have two Reception classes for the first time, and therefore need another teacher to join our EYFS team. You will work alongside the EYFS leader who was appointed in September 2016 and will have the chance to add to and continue recent improvements. This is a fantastic opportunity to join Heyford Park Free School at a relatively early stage of our growth and development. We are passionate about children’s learning and development, and look to help all to achieve to their full potential. Although the position is to teach in a Reception class next year, there would be opportunities to teach in other year groups going forward.
We provide a nurturing environment for children, built around an ethos of respect. We aim to give an excellent start in Literacy and Numeracy while providing a range of opportunities to apply these core skills. We also aim to make use of our specialist secondary staff and specialisms campus.
Most important is your attitude and approach to teaching and learning. You will be:
- able to engage with and inspire children
- excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
- able to create engaging learning environments
- enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
- keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
- willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
- keen to engage with teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a range of specialisms, across all key stages
You will be asked to deliver excellent outcomes and progress for all children. In return we can offer an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school we offer many opportunities for development and further promotion. Full NQT support is available.
- Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 21st June 2017 but we welcome applications as soon as possible.
- Interview dates will be confirmed when we receive your application: we reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date for applications.
Applying for the post:
Applicants should complete the Heyford Park Free School Application Form and Equal Opportunities Statement, which can be found on our website under ‘Vacancies’ and submitted along with your personal statement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal statement should be no longer than two sides of A4 and should include:
- Your vision of great teaching and learning in a Reception class
- How your experience to date meets the person specification