Primary Class Teacher in P4 in the English Section at the European School Copenhagen − Maternity leave position
Would you like to be a part of a new and exciting international school environment at a European School?
Available position: 1 full-time position from January 1st to June 30th, 2022 in the English language section due to Maternity Leave.
- Teaching qualification is essential
- English as a first language
- Proven experience in teaching the relevant age group in the core subjects of literacy and numeracy as well as the opportunity to teach creative, humanities and scientific subjects
- Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and assist in developing their social, creative and academic skills
The ideal candidate will have
- experience as a classroom teacher
- experience in teaching in relevant subjects on the year level
- experience in international or intercultural education
- proficient IT skills
- commitment to a high level of student achievement with a supportive, positive and non-judgemental attitude
- skills to assist pupils in navigating an international, culturally diverse environment
About the school
European School Copenhagen (ESCPH) is a public, international school under the Municipality of Copenhagen and the first of its kind in Denmark. The school is a department of the internationally-renowned Sankt Annæ Gymnasium.
ESCPH opened in August 2014 with four Primary classes in an English and a Danish language section. Today the school has 16 classes from grade 0-5 in Primary and 18 grade 1-6 classes in Secondary. When the school is fully phased in, the school will have nearly 1,000 pupils.
ESCPH is an accredited school within the established European School system and as such offers a European education combining the rigorous educational requirements for European Schools with Danish pedagogy and working guidelines.
In October 2018, the school moved into a brand new state-of-the-art school building in the Carlsberg City District of Copenhagen, a few stops from Copenhagen central station.
- a dynamic work environment where you can participate in the development of our school
- a management culture of cooperation, dialogue and trust, and inclusion of employees and parents
- motivated and committed parents
- dedicated colleagues from various countries
- training opportunities
- Salary and employment conditions in accordance with relevant collective agreements.
The City of Copenhagen perceives diversity as a resource and appreciates that each employee contributes with his or her particular background, personality, competences and skills.
Job start: January 3rd, 2022.
For more information about the school, please visit: www.escph.dk. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Primary Helle Degn, tel. +45 4015 6195.
Please address your application to Head of Primary Helle Degn and submit it online via the link below.
The application deadline is Tuesday December 7th, 2021.