Job title: Primary Class Teacher
Age range: Key Stage 2
Employed by: NCBIS - to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Year Group Leader
Qualifications: Degree and PGCE or QTS or appropriate teaching qualification.
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching or other relevant experience
For Jan 2020, New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time candidate. For suitable candidate, a Year Group Leader with Curriculum Responsibility will be offered.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students aged 3-18. The student population is made up of 65% expatriate and 35% Egyptians who must have dual nationality. NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
In the Primary School, we have taken the UK National Curriculum for England and sequenced it into a series of subject-specific, comprehensive Scope & Sequence documents, which we teach through the pedagogy of the Primary Years Programme (PYP). The International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme is an international, transdisciplinary programme designed to foster the development of the whole child, including their social, physical, emotional and cultural needs as well as their all-important academic needs. The school is fully accredited by PYP, CIS and we are members of COBIS and BSME.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes (max class size is 22) contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
- Have at least 3 years teaching experience;
- Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
- Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications;
- Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
- Be able to incorporate IT in their practice;
- Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
- Be open to the opportunities and challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Comprehensive international private medical cover;
- Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable);
- Return air passage to base country each year;
- Re-signing on bonus upon contract renewal.
Employment terms is initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service: (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service) and/or for a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk/
To apply please fill the Online Application Form or send your CV (with photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Interviews for candidates from international schools will be held by Skype or Zoom.
The NCBIS Team