Job Start: as soon as possible
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time, time-limited contract of employment until 30 June 2018
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Kindergarten).
Our Primary School offers a high-quality education programme for over 260 children aged 6 to 11. It supports each student’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an internationally oriented context. In the Primary School the International Primary Curriculum is used as a tool to support and develop learning using a theme based approach. The Cambridge English and Maths Programmes are also used to ensure that we provide a clear and consistent curriculum that appropriately challenges the students.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Primary Class Teacher starting as soon as possible who can support the development and learning of children in a caring and inspiring way. Class teachers as well as specialists plan and work together to ensure that each class provides the same opportunities for learning plus appropriate and interesting resources. Students are encouraged to work in a range of ways including group work, guided work, student-initiated projects and individually. The class teachers teach all the lessons of their class with the exception of Physical Education, Music and German which are taught by specialists.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Collaboratively plan, adapt, deliver and assess work for your classes in parallel with your grade team partners and relevant specialists
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to make good progress and grow in confidence
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their skills, knowledge and understanding plus develop their higher order thinking
- Help develop good practice in the Primary School through sharing expertise, experience and resources
- Work as a contributing member of the Primary School to ensure all necessary systems and procedures are in place and delivered uniformly
- Communicate clearly and regularly with parents to keep them informed about class activities and their child’s achievement and progress
You should be:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Able to differentiate and to deliver a quality learning experience to children with a range of abilities
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- A team player who is flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A University degree in Primary Education
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community is preferred
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Leipzig is an historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
Please apply via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.