We are looking for innovative, dynamic teachers with a growth mindset, high expectations and the ability to lead change. For candidates with the right skills and experience, there may also be further leadership opportunities for appropriate candidates.
GIS takes a constructivist approach to learning through projects and units of inquiry. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
We offer the support and resources to help you develop professionally and build on your strengths.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within team
- Have experience of enquiry-based learning and/or thematic cross curricular learning
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment with ongoing Professional Development and weekly Professional Learning and Wellbeing time
- A well-resourced and friendly campus
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in a uniquely challenging, rewarding and supportive environment. GIS is a well-resourced, highly distinguished international school with a long-standing reputation for outstanding academic results and innovation. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. If you are passionate about teaching and learning in the Primary School, we welcome your application.
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).