We are looking for inspirational qualified Primary Teachers to join Chobham Academy in September 2018.
We can be flexible with regard to year group within EYFS, KS1 or KS2, and TLRs will be available for the right candidates. We are looking for people with the ability to deliver creative lessons that children enjoy and feel motivated by.
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 after joining the highly successful group of Harris academies. This 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the new East Village complex, the academy serves the community to be established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham, Waltham Forest and nearby London Boroughs. In July 2015, Chobham Academy was graded as an Outstanding school in every category.
Applications will be considered as they are received, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
What we are looking for:
Chobham Academy is seeking to appoint inspirational and talented staff. We have high expectations where outstanding teaching and the wellbeing of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice.
We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this post.
Please download the candidate information pack via the apply link for more information on the role and responsibilities.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- The opportunity to work in an all through academy
- A stunning working environment, in an award winning building, on the Olympic Park site
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
- Well behaved children who are motivated to learn
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Working in a three-form entry primary academy provides ample opportunities for progression
- The potential of a TLR for the right candidate
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
For more information, please contact the academy on 0203 747 6060.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.