Role: Primary Class Teacher – Reception
Full time - Permanent
Start date: September 2018
This role is suitable for either an NQT or a more experienced teacher
Are you passionate about teaching? Do you want to teach in a community school that knows each one of its children and their families well and where we can watch children progress from Nursery to sixth form? Do you want to be involved in shaping what such transition looks like? Do you want to get to know each one of the children in your class as an individual, understanding their needs and providing the best environment in which they can thrive? Do you want to have a class of Reception children in your first year, and then either stay in Reception or have the flexibility to move around in the school?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
“We aim to know every one of our students well, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.”
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013 and we have experienced rapid growth, with currently 284 children in Nursery to Year 5 (our oldest primary children will be in Year 6 next year.) Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment.
We are forward-thinking, with the freedom to shape our school curriculum in response to the needs of the local community and businesses and we are delighted that Ofsted judged us to be a Good school in April 2015.
Most important for success in this role is your attitude and approach to teaching and learning. You will be:
- able to engage with and inspire children
- excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
- able to create engaging learning environments
- committed to securing outstanding outcomes for all students in your care
- knowledgeable about the EYFS stage and the ELGs
- enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
- keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
- willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
- keen to engage with teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a range of specialisms, across all key stages
You will be asked to deliver excellent outcomes and progress for all children. In return we can offer an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school we offer many opportunities for development and further promotion. This post would be suitable for an NQT or for an experienced teacher. Full NQT support is available.
Applications must be made using the Heyford Park Free School Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement and a covering letter, detailing why you are applying for the role and the ways in which it is suited to you.
All forms can be found on our website under ‘Vacancies’. Applications can be sent by email to Danielle Ayris at: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be completed on line via the TES.
- Closing Date for applications is 9am on Thursday 7th June 2018
- Interviews will be held on 11th June 2018
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
To discuss this role or to visit the school, please contact Rebecca Hughes, Head of Primary, at email@example.com or on 01869 232203.